Yes! You heard me right! I know you all must have expected some make-up tips here, but today let us talk about benefits of going make-up free! Don’t worry, for I will be giving you those too, but for that you need to keep following me. 😉 Many of you might even fear it the most, but believe me it is not so difficult to have those no make-up days! And I really believe, it is quite useful not only to prevent your skin from ageing and staying young for a long time but also has some positive effects on your mental health too! These days should be followed as often as you can. And besides ‘My Dear Women’, you don’t need to wear makeup to look beautiful! God has designed women beautiful in a natural way! However, to push you through your hesitation, I am presenting you with some of the amazing reasons behind the theory.
1) Your skin is a living organ. Just Imagine yourself fully covered up in tight fitting clothes daily. The thought itself brings sweaty feeling to us. Even if we wear such cloths for a day, the first thing that we want after getting home, is to remove them and move in shorts or sweatpants. The same thing happens when you apply the multilayer makeup products on your skin. Your skin has pores through which it breathes in and when you apply your makeup, these pores get blocked and your skin simply won’t be able to breath. As a result, it will become dull day by day. If your makeup is not removed properly or kept for long time, it may seep in through your pores and may cause acnes and pimples.
Also, many of your popular beauty products contains chemicals and toxins which are harmful for your skin. These toxins will cause your skin to age faster, and blemishes and dark spots may appear rapidly. This may also cause wrinkles on your skin. Just like you need break from those formal weekdays and want to wear casual comfortable clothes on holidays, grant your skin with these holidays too, by keeping them free from any make-up.
2) You will be saving loads of money! It may sound quite a materialistic reason, but according to me it is a vital reason too! If you are a woman who does makeup, you must be knowing what a hell amount of money the quality products costs. And it is not at all safe to buy some cheap low quality one for your skins. Start calculating on how much you have spent in the previous year on cosmetics and you will readily agree it is quite a lot! You can probably spend this money on something more useful and beneficial.
3) Natural is always beautiful. Nobody can decline this. You may look more glamorous on wearing the makeup, but remember that natural will always be more sexy, more fresh and most importantly it will be more you! And to boost it, the natural look is the new trend that is catching up its pace very fast. So why not to participate in the trend which is also more beneficial to your skin? And you will really be pleased by the compliments you get, since you know that was not for the fake you but for the real you!
4) You will have more time to yourself, if you really dump this routine of yours! Makeup is not a quick paced regimen. And sometimes it takes a very long time, especially when you really have to get ready quickly. It may make you run late with your appointments as well. How frustrating it feels when you can’t match the foundation color to your skin color or when you simply don’t find a perfect lip color to go with your dress! You can use this time of yours to do something more productive. And what more will you want, then to have that time for your exercise or that leisure time just for admiring the nature. And for me the most irritating part is to remove the makeup at night when I am feeling damn sleepy. Think girls… you can have those extra minutes to sleep in mornings!
5) You will start loving yourselves with all the flaws. This is very important for every woman. If you love and respect your body and look, then you will be at peace with yourself and there will be more happiness and satisfaction in your life. Obviously it means flashing your flaws but slowly you yourself will admire the beauty of your natural face and so will others. And its really true that men do admire women with natural looks. Slowly, it will boost up your confidence to a much higher level. And some or the other day people will catch you without makeup, so why to hide your beautiful face now?
6) You can roam worry free. Yes, it is my personal experience that whenever I go out with makeup on my face, I am ever the more conscious about it. I tend to worry a lot like ‘has my lipstick spread’, or ‘has my Kajal smudged’, or ‘is sweat ruining my complexion’ and many more. It is most irritating when I go out for dinners or lunch parties and I usually find my lipstick spread on my teeth after eating! Just go makeup free once and see the difference on how much more you will be able to enjoy!
Hope I have inspired you enough to pick up this lovely habit of going makeup free few times each week of your life!